It’s useful for pupils to consider their career aspirations before attending the event. This will ensure they make the most of their visit by focussing on the exhibitors and activities that will give them an insight into the careers they are considering.
Here are some questions for pupils to consider before they attend the event, to help them identify their career aspirations:
- 1. What are you good at? What are your strongest skills and qualities?
- 2. What hobbies and interests do you have?
- 3. What careers do you know about and how do you know about them?
- 4. Who is your role model and why?
- 5. What do you want to do for a job.
- 6. What makes a good career?
- 7. Things to consider to help you decide:
- 8. How are you going to achieve your goals and aspirations?
- • availability of jobs locally, nationally and internationally
- • qualifications required
- • pathways
- • study options
- • experience
- • skills and interests
- • knowledge
- • pay and benefits
- • travel
- • working patterns
- • progression routes
- • company ethos